- Mid-June 2008 Defense attorneys have to have all transcripts, evidence, etc from previous trial.
- Early July-Meeting with three judge panel and all attorneys.
- August 1-Defense attorneys will turn in appeal
- Oct 15-Deadline for prosecution attorney to respond.
- Mid Nov-defense deadline to respond to prosecution' s response.
- Early Dec (no later than Jan)-Oral arguments will begin.
Also from Sandy:
"This process can take up to twelve months meaning that we will have an answer no later than Jan. 2010. These are "worse case senarios," meaning this is the maximum time it will take. From what I understand once a new trial has been approved things begin to happen quickly.
"We are extremely impressed with the firm handling her case. Keep in mind that this will not be the firm representing her at the new trial. They only handle the appeal case. Kevin Fitzgerald will co-counsel with new attorneys, not yet chosen. All of this is frustrating at best, but it is the hand we have been dealt and we just have to play it as best we can."