Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hey Friends

I haven’t been able to post in awhile for many reasons. One of the main reasons is that I really can’t talk about anything of substance while the appeal is still pending. Another reason is that I, at this time, have very little free time and I am already too sleep deprived J However, I always feel obliged to post when another media outlet tries their version of journalism.
You have to understand that this case is very much nuanced. I can go on for a book about the case and its trial. I know it better than most. For one, I was told the entire story when I first met Mechele, and it has never changed from her. Incidentally, that story is consistent with every bit of evidence and discovery presented.
“Why was she found guilty then?” you might ask. Well for one, the jury bought the prosecution’s narrative about who Mechele is. They don’t have a clue. Trust me. And for two, we were prevented by the judge to contest and introduce many things. It is nice to know that the prosecution could introduce a Hollywood movie into a trial, though. Especially one that had nothing to do with the prosecution’s allegations. That was surreal.
Anyway… the following three posts will be separate but linked. I didn’t want to write a book, and I have a tendency to be verbose. I figured splitting up my posts might make it less annoying for you.
Take care and love,

Colin

No comments: