Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hey All

We had been saying all along that we were fighting by a different set of rules than the prosecution during the trial. As a legal team, we kept making note of it and documenting the law infractions. Out of dozens of these infractions, our appellate attorneys chose three. A unanimous decision by the appellate court agreed that two of these three errors were unconstitutional. New trial.

The previous “show-trial”, which was narrated by the State, was absurd. So, we go at it again. And with prayers of grace, we will still not contribute to any attempt to morph the process into a Hollywood narrative. Knowing that Mr. Gullufsen will again be representing the State, we expect much sleaze and innuendo to come our way. I dealt with Mr. Gullufsen’s vile public accusations concerning my medical practice. I know first hand how his ignorance about the actual facts can be twisted to slimy accusations that have no basis in reality.
Mr. Gullufsen will not adhere to any standards of decency. This has been shown. He will bring any witness to the stand that will help him “win” the case. I predict right now that he will try to pull a “jail house confession” from some girl who met Mechele at Hiland Mountain Correctional Center. It is almost a given. He will bring anyone up to the witness stand, regardless of their credibility or veracity. It’s coming, and I am not looking forward to it. More importantly, nor is my wife. However… bring it on.

There is no more “show” in the next trial. That train has passed. Time for facts to compete with tabloid. I can’t wait for the “Barrow Email” to compete with the “Hope Note”. We will see the prosecution’s contradictions laid bare (see previous post about the fallacy of the “Hope Note”).

So I am sure there are a lot of questions. When is the bail hearing? When is the new trial? I don’t have the answers to any of these. We are trying to put a bail proposal together and present it to the judge. But we can’t present it to the Judge until the case comes back into our trial lawyer’s jurisdiction. It isn’t there yet, but will be soon.

So the bail, once set, will be the next obstacle. Depending on the amount, we might have to get a trustee to account for donations that have been offered. The bail money is then returned after the trial. We will know more after the bail hearing. Stay tuned.

Thanks SOOOO much for your faith and prayers,

Colin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. It's a shame that you have to go up against the same prosecutor. Not cool.

But, here's hoping the outcome is different this time :)

Mistress Heather said...

Colin,
I have to believe that justice will prevail for you and Mechele. I have always believed in both of you. I know Mechele will make an impact no matter where she is and I am sure she is doing that now. It is just how she is wired. You keep the faith Colin. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I really believe you will have her back and be a family again.
Heather Slay James

The Mitchell's said...

Hi there,
I just wanted to say that I watched the tv show 48 hours some time back and I truly believe that Mrs. Mechelle Linehan is not guilty of the crime she is being charged with. My husband and I both were thinking that there is no way they will find her guilty until we saw the ending of the show and we were shocked! I have checked back to see if there had been any changes or new developements with the case and was very glad when I read that the appeal worked for Mrs. Linehan. That is awesome! I really hope for you both and your family that justice prevails and you all can get back to your lives together and put all of this behind you. Good Luck to you!
Sincerely,
Stephanie

uprivergirl said...

I believe in my heart that the outcome to Micheles situation will be in her favor and still believe in her inocents. Please hang in there